- Location - Located on Louisiana side of the the Sabine Pass/Texas border in Cameron Parish. Click here for a local map!
- Lat./Long. - 29.43.04 / 93.51.00
- Base Elevation - 2 foot above median high tide.
- Height - 87 feet.
- Focal Plane - 75 feet.
- Lens - 3rd order Fresnel which cast a white light.
(missing - location unknown)
- Flash - Lamp flashed every 90 seconds by interal clock work mechanism.
- Tower Shape - Octogon with 8 buttresses which gives it a 'Rocket Ship' appearance.
- Material - Brick with ShellCrete covering and foundation.
- Wall contruction - 60 inch thick at the base and 18 inch thick at the top - combination of Brick, morter and ShellCrete.
- Color - Origanally white with black bands added in 1938.
- Tower Access - Spiral staircase with Cast Iron Steps.
(collapsed in Hurricane Ike 2008)
- Roofing - Original roof was copper but was stripped by vandals in 1970's.
- Access - Private gravel and dirt (or mud depending upon season) road to location. Lighthouse Bayou (about 75' in width) blocks direct access. Access by shallow draft boat is possible.